Insulation Materials of Transformer Using Chemical Mechanism of Moisture Absorption
(International Journal of Engineering Works)
Vol. 1, PP. 15-19, Sept. 2014
Keywords: Cellulose, Mineral oil, Insulation material, Humidity condition, Aging condition, Theoretical significance
The composite insulation system of power transformers consisting of two insulation materials (cellulose and mineral oil) are the main insulation material of power transformer, the increase of moisture will reduce their insulation strength. Moisture equilibrium curves are the basis of power transformer moisture detection, however, the service data and theory analysis both indicate the present curves are not fit for old transformer. Therefore this research work is focused the law and mechanism of the impact of aging on moisture equilibrium of cellulose and mineral oil. In this paper theory of moisture absorption mechanism and impact factors of cellulose and mineral oil are analyzed. The various aged cellulose and mineral oil samples were analysis by thermal aging method. This research work is also analyzed the moisture equilibrium law and mechanism of cellulose and mineral oil, which have been both theoretical significance and applicable potentials.
Rafaqat Hussian Abbasi, Beijing Key Laboratory of High Voltage & EMC (NCEPU), China.
Rafaqat Hussian Abbasi "Insulation Materials of Transformer Using Chemical Mechanism of Moisture Absorption" International Journal of Engineering Works, Vol.1, PP.15-19, Sept. 2014
-  Lundgaard LE, Hansen W, Linhjell D, et al. Aging of oil-impregnated paper in power transformers [J]. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, 2004, 19 (1): 230-239
-  Oommen T V. Moisture equilibrium charts for transformer insulation dying practice [J]. IEEE Trans Power Appar. Syst., 1984,103 (10): 3063-3067
-  Emsley AM, Xiao X, Heywood RJ, et al. Degradation of cellulosic insulation in power transformers. Part 3: effects of oxygen and water in ageing in oil [J]. IEE Proceedings-Science, Measurement and Technology, 2000, 147 (3 ): 115-119
-  Yang Lijun, PROCEEDINGS, SUN Cai, etc. oil-paper insulation aging stage multivariate statistical analysis [J]. Chinese CSEE, 2005,25 (18): 151-156
-  Du Y, Zahn M, Lesieutre BC, et al. Moisture equilibrium in transformer paper-oil systems [J]. Electrical Insulation Magazine, 1999, 15 (1) :11-20
-  Zaengl W S. Dielectric spectroscopy in time and frequency domain for HV power equipment I. Theoretical considerations [J]. Electrical Insulation Magazine, IEEE, 2003, 19 (5): 5-19
-  Ekanayake C. Diagnosis of moisture in transformer insulation application of frequency domain spectroscopy [D]. Sweden: Chalmers University of Technology, 2006.
-  Oommen T V. moisture equilibrium in paper-oil systems [C]. Proceedings of the Electrical / Electronics Insulation Conference, Chicago, 1983: 162-166
-  ZHOU Li-jun, TANG Hao, Zhang Xue-qin, et micro oil-paper insulation transient distribution of water diffusion model [J]. Chinese Electrical Engineering, 2008, 28 (7): 134-140
-  Fabre J, Pichon A. Deteriorating processes and products of paper in oil application to transformers [C]. International Conference on Large High Voltage Electric System (CIGRE), Paris, France, Paper 137, 1960.
-  Shkohzilc. Determination of Water Content in Transformer Insulation [C]. Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Dielectric Liquids. Graz, 2002: 7-12.
-  Du Y, Zahn M, Lesieutre B C. Dielectrometry Measurements of Effects of Moisture and Anti-Static Additive on Transformer Board [C]. IEEE Conference on Electrical Insulation and Dielectric Phenomena. Minneapolis, 1997: 226-229.
-  Du Y, M. Zahn, A. VT Mamishev, and DE Schliclter. Moisture Dynamics Measurements of Transformer Board Using a Three-Wavelength Dielectrometry Sensor [C]. IEEE International Symposium on Electrical Insulation, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, 1996 : 53-56.
-  Du Y, Mamishev AV, Lesieutre BC, et al. Measurement of moisture diffusion as a function of temperature and moisture in transformer pressboard [C]. Conference of Electrical Insulation and Dielectric Phenomena. Atlanta, 1998: 341-344.
-  Yao Mu. Textile materials science [M]. Beijing: China Textile Press, 2009
-  PROCEEDINGS Sangfu Min, Liu Gang, et al. Transformer oil-paper insulation of different combinations of accelerated aging oil content of water and acid [J]. Chinese Electrical Engineering, 2010, 30 (4): 125-131
-  PROCEEDINGS, Tang Chao, Yang Lijun, etc. Power Transformer Insulation Paper Thermal Aging Microstructure and Morphology [J]. Chinese Electrical Engineering, 2007, 27(33): 59-64
-  Like any pair, Li-Sheng Zhong, YU Qin science, and so on. Transformer oil accelerated thermal aging process in the multi-parametric correlation - regression analysis[J]. Xian Jiaotong University, 2010,44 (10): 88-92
-  Wang Wenchang. Transformer oil interfacial tension relationship with Acid [J]. Transformers, 1996,33 (5): 8-11