Designing and Simulation Analysis of Power management (Power Monitoring and Power Distribution) and Automatic system through Wireless communication
(International Journal of Engineering Works)
Vol. 4, Issue 1, PP. 29-32, January 2017
Zigbee module, Microcontroller (Arduino), Current sensor, XBee wireless communication, IR sensors, ITU
This Paper presents the basic concept and methodology of smart grid, intelligent load management, intelligent load shedding, theft control, and automatic monitoring through wireless communication using Zigbee module. We have three main units in our project main server, intelligent terminal, local controller. The main server is used to monitor the load and distribute the load according to the requirement of the local controller. The intelligent terminal unit (I.T.U) is a customized unit that is used to distribute the load to the local controller. The local controller is used to monitor and store the consumption of load of the user. Simulations are carried out using PROTEUS Software to verify the performance of the proposed controller. The output shows the controller has fast dynamic response high accuracy of monitoring controlling.
- Amjad Khan: PG Research student, Dept. of EEE, University of Engineering and technology Peshawar, KP, Pakistan
- Kaleem Ullah: PG Research student, Dept. of EEE, University of Engineering and technology Peshawar, KP, Pakistan
- Dr. Muhammad Naeem Arbaab: Research Scholar, Dept. of EEE, University of Engineering and technology Peshawar, KP, Pakistan
Amjad Khan, Kaleem Ullah, Dr. Muhammad Naeem Arbaab, "Designing and Simulation Analysis of Power management (Power Monitoring and Power Distribution) and Automatic system through Wireless communication" International Journal of Engineering Works, Vol. 4, Issue 1, PP. 29-32, January 2017.
- Power and Energy Society General Meeting, 2012 IEEE J. Clerk Maxwell, A Treatise on Electricity and Magnetism, 3rd ed., vol. 2. Oxford: Clarendon, 1892, pp.68–73.
- Industry Applications Conference, 2005. Fourtieth IAS Annual Meeting. Conference Record of the 2005 (Volume: 1)
- Pelagia Research Library, Advances in Applied Science Research, 2011, 2 (4):410-416 www.pelagiaresearchlibrary.com
- International Journal of Computer Technology and Electronics Engineering (IJCTEE) Volume 2, Issue 2
- Zigbee Specification 053474r17, Jan. 2008; available from www.Zigbee.org.
- S. Dagtas et al., “Multi-stage Real Time Health Monitoring via Zigbee in Smart Homes,” Proceedings of 2007 IEEE International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications Workshops (AINAW), pp. 782–786.
- J. P. Lynch, “An overview of wireless structural health monitoring for civil structures,” Phil. Trans. R. Soc. AA, 2007, pp. 345 – 372.
- Zigbee Alliance, available at www.Zigbee.org.
- IEEE 802.15.4: Wireless Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specifications for Low-Rate Wireless Personal Area Networks (WPANs), Sept. 2006.
- IEEE 802.11: Wireless LAN Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specifications.
- J. Gutierrez, et al., “Low-Rate Wireless Personal Area Networks,” IEEE Press, 2007.
- IEEE 802.15.3-2003: Wireless Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specifications for High-Rate Wireless Personal Area Networks (WPANs).
- Open Systems Interconnection Basic Reference Model: The Basic Model, ISO/IEC 7498-1:1994.
- IEEE 802 LAN/MAN standards committee, available at www.ieee802.org.
- European Radio communications Committee (ERC)/CEPT Report 98, available at www.learnZigbee.com.
- Advanced Encryption Standard (AES), Federal Information Processing Standards 72 Publication 197, U.S. Department of Commerce/N.I.S.T, Springfield, Virginia, Nov.26, 2001. Available at http://csrc.nist.gov/.
- J. Gutierrez et al., “Low-Rate Wireless Personal Area Networks,” IEEE Press, 2007.
- Home Heartbeat (EATON) Zigbee-Based Security System; available at www.homeheartbeat.com
- Automatic Meter Reading Association (AMRA); available at www.amra-intl.org.
- J. D. Lee et al., “Development of Zigbee-Based Street Light Control System,” Proceedings of IEEE Power System Symposium.