Development and Implementation of a Microcontroller based Remote Control of a Single Phase Induction Motor Using Radio Frequency
(International Journal of Engineering Works)
Vol. 4, Issue 5, PP. 67-77, May 2017
Induction Motor, Microcontroller, Infrared, Control, Efficiency
In this paper the development and implementation of speed control of a single phase induction motor through radio frequency module is presented. The proposed speed control method enables the user to operate an induction motor remotely. In this scheme any button on the remote can be used for the speed control of the induction motor. Whenever any push button switch of remote controller is pressed on the remote control, the transmitter transmits the wireless signal to the receiver module. Subsequently, this signal was decoded by the decoder and the firing angle of ac voltage controller can be controlled.
- Emmanuel Ighodalo OKHUELEIGBE: Department of Electrical /Electronic Engineering, Federal University of Petroleum Resources Effurun, Delta State, Nigeria. +2348038062904, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joseph Ailenokhuoria OGBEKHIULU: Department of Electrical /Electronic Engineering, Federal University of Petroleum Resources Effurun, Delta State, Nigeria. email@example.com
Joseph Ailenokhuoria OGBEKHIULU, Emmanuel Ighodalo OKHUELEIGBE, "Development and Implementation of a Microcontroller based Remote Control of a Single Phase Induction Motor Using Radio Frequency" International Journal of Engineering Works, Vol. 4, Issue 5, PP. 67-77, May 2017.
-  Souvik Kumar Dolui and Soumitra Kumar Mandal,(2015), “Speed Control of Single Phase Induction Motor Using Infrared Receiver Module”, International Journal of Innovation Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, Vol. 4, No. 9, Pp44-49.
-  Chee-Hoe Pang, Jer-Vui Lee, Yea0Dat Chuah, Yong-Chai Tan and N. Debuach, (2013), “Design of a Microcontroller based Fan Motro controller for Smart Home Environment”, International Journal of Smart Home, Vol.7, No. 4, Pp233-246.
-  B. L. Theraja, A. K. Theraja,(2000); “A Textbook of Electrical Technology”; S. Chand & Company Ltd., Ram Nagar, New Delhi, Pp1-2750.
-  Trupti S. Bobade, Anushri S. Sastikar, Anushri S. Garud, U. W. Kaware and R. K. Dehaukar, (2015), “Induction Motor Speed Control Using Android Application”, international Journal of Engineering Research and General Science, Vol. 3, Issue 2, Part 2, Pp140-144.
-  Rabisankar Roy, Susmita Das, Jayanta Kumar Ray, Shreyashi Barat, Biswarup Neogi, (2012), “Automatic Speed Control of Single Phase Induction Motor with the Variation of Ambient Temperature”, International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, Vol. 2, No. 11, Pp 2250 – 3153.
-  Nhivekar and Mudholkar, (2011), “Microcontroller Based IR Remote Control Signal Decoder for Home Application” Advances in Applied Science Research, Vol. 2, Issue 4, P410, August.
-  Patil B. N., Sandesh Sonar, Pavankumar Karadiguddi, Shivanand Banti ,(2016) ,“Speed Control of Single Phase Induction Motor Using Android Phone”, International Journal of Engineering and Techniques, Vol. 2, No. 3, Pp 2395-1303.