Fabrication of Flat Plate Solar Geyser with Flat Grooved Heat Exchanger Having Special Exit System
(International Journal of Engineering Works)
Vol. 4, Issue 10, PP. 172-177, October 2017
Flat plate solar geyser, Integrated grooved heat exchanger, open loop passive system, Safety control box, solar collector
The main objective of this paper is to introduce the concept of novel flat plate solar geyser with integrated heat exchanger and open loop passive system.The heat exchanger acts both as collector for solar radiations and as a heat exchanger its self for cold water beneath it. Contrary to the conventional flat plate solar collectors, water is in direct contact with the collector or flat grooved heat exchanger. A safety control box is installed to minimize hydraulic pressure of cold water reservoir on the flat grooved heat exchanger as contrary to tube a plate cannot sustain high pressures. The heat exchanger has circular grooves which adds in sustaining hydraulic pressure, increase heat exchanger exposed area to the sun and also cause turbulence in flowing cold water to increase heat rate. A special exit system for hot water is used having a float tube which enable user to withdraw hot water without pressure of cold water from cold water reservoir.
- Muhammad Suleman Malik: University of Engineering & Technology, Peshawar, Pakistan firstname.lastname@example.org, +923085677922.
- Muhammad Arsalan Malik: University of Engineering & Technology, Peshawar,Pakistan email@example.com, +923369133482.
- Haseeb Ali Shah: University of Engineering & Technology Peshawar, Pakistan, Haseebalishah919@gmail.com, +923465660028.
- Adnan Anwar khan afridi : University of Engineering & Technology Peshawar, Pakistan. firstname.lastname@example.org, +923339913506.
- Muhammad Asif: University of Engineering & Technology, Peshawar, +92340-1939698.
Muhammad Suleman Malik , Muhammad Arsalan Malik ,Haseeb Ali Shah , Adnan Anwar Khan Afridi, Muhammad Asif, "Fabrication of Flat Plate Solar Geyser with Flat Grooved Heat Exchanger Having Special Exit System" International Journal of Engineering Works, Vol. 4, Issue 10, PP. 172-177, October 2017.
-  Parida, Bhubaneswari, S_ Iniyan, and Ranko Goic. "A review of solar photovoltaic technologies." Renewable and sustainable energy reviews 15.3 (2011): 1625-1636.
-  “Solar Thermal Energy" (PDF). Retrieved Oct 8, 2009.
-  Demianiuk, Anna, and Sławomir Adam Sorko. "Analysis of Flow and Thermal Phenomena In Evacuated Tube Collectors." acta mechanica et automatica 6.4 (2012): 5-10.
-  Mangal, Dharamvir, et al. "Acknowledgement of evacuated tube solar water heater over flat plate solar water heater." International Journal of Engineering (IJE) 4.4 (2010): 279.
-  Zane Satterfield, P. E. "Fundamentals of Hydraulics: Pressure." Tech Brief 9.4 (2010): 1-4.
-  Pandya, Amarendra Chandrashankar. "Some effects of temperature change on aluminum sheet roofing." (1949).
-  Bergman, Theodore L., and Frank P. Incropera. Fundamentals of heat and mass transfer. John Wiley & Sons, 2011.