Optimum Sizing and Siting for DG Unitsusing Hybrid 2/3 Rule and Harmony Search Algorithm
(International Journal of Engineering Works)
Vol. 5, Issue 1, PP. 1-9, January 2018
harmony search algorithm, distributed generation and 2/3 rule
The electrical energy one of most important basics of modern lifeand the demand on this energy increase consciously. Which make some challenges to operators to increase the generation to feed the growing demand. This growth lead to extend the centralized plant to provide distribution network by required energy also lead them to develop transmission system. This method is so costly where it is required money to extend the power system. An appearance of distributed generation DG is considered a solution for these problems and can reduce the cost where it provides the load by electricity in customer side without passing through transmission system. While the aim target from DG is supporting the grid and improve power quality, voltage profile, reduction of power losses and reliability. In this paper will discuss sizing and siting the distributed generation in the grid. In this work introduced hybrid method where it is used 2/3 rule and harmony search algorithm to find optimum location and sizing respectively. This work is done under several loading cases up to 250 % from normal load also compared with other researches in this filed used the same model (IEEE 33 bus redial distribution system ) that used in this paper. MTLAB software used to complete this research.
- Abdulsalam A. Aloukili: Electrical Power and Machines Department, Faculty of Engineering, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt, Email: email@example.com.
- Metwally A. El-Sharkawy: Electrical Power and Machines Department, Faculty of Engineering, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mahmoud A. Attia: Electrical Power and Machines Department, Faculty of Engineering, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt, Email: Mahmoud.Abdullah@eng.asu.edu.eg.
Abdulsalam A. Aloukili , Metwally A. El-Sharkawy , Mahmoud A. Attia, "Optimum Sizing and Siting for DG Unitsusing Hybrid 2/3 Rule and Harmony Search Algorithm" International Journal of Engineering Works,Vol. 5, Issue 1, PP. 1-9, January 2018.
-  Aquino-Lugo A. A., Klump R., Overbye T. J. A control framework for the smart grid for voltage support using agent-based technologies. IEEE Transactions on Smart rid. 2011;2(1):161–168. doi: 10.1109/TSG.2010.2096238
-  Philip P. Barker and Robert W. de Mello, “Determinin g the Impact of Distributed Generation on Power Systems: Part -1 radial DG systems”, Power Engineering Society Summer Meeting, 2000.
-  P. Chiradeja and R. Ramakumar, “An Approach to Quantify the Technical Benefits of Distributed Generation,” IEEE Trans. on Energy Conversion, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 1686- 1693, December 2004.
-  H. L. Willis, “Analytical methods and rules of thumb for modelling DG-distribution interaction”, IEEE, 2000.
-  Ambika. R and Rajeswari .R." Optimal Siting and Sizing of Multiple DG Units for the Enhancement of Voltage Profile and Loss Minimization in Transmission Systems Using Nature Inspired Algorithms "ScientificWorldJournal. 2016; 2016: 1086579. Published online 2016 Feb 8. doi: 10.1155/2016/1086579 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4761755/
-  Zhu, R.P. Broadwater, Tam, K.-S., Seguin, R., As-geirsson, H. "Impact of DG Placement on Reliability and Efficiency with Time-Varying Loads" IEEE Trans. Power Syst., Vol. 21, No. I, pp. 419-427, Feb .. (2006),
-  A.Keane and O Malley, "Optimal Allocation of Embedded Generation on Distribution Networks", IEEE Trans. Power Syst., Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 1640-1646, Aug. M. (2005),
-  A.M.EI-Zonkoly, "Optimal Placement of Multi-distributed Generation Units Including Different Load models using Particle Swarm Optimization", lETGener., Transm., Distrib., Vol. 5, No. 7, pp. 760-771, Jul. (2011)
-  Le, A.D.T., Kashem, M.A., Negnevitsky, M. and Ledwich, G. "Optimal Distribution Generation Parameters for Reducing Losses with Economic Consideration" Power Engineering Society Gener. Meeting IEEE, pp.I-8. (2007),
-  M. Shaaban, and Petinrin, "Sizing and Sitting of DG in Distribution System for Voltage Profile Improvement and Loss Reduction," IJSGCE Gener., Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 1-7. (2013),
-  Mohamad Amiri, Mina SheikholeslamiKandelousi, and Mahmood Moghadasian" Distribution Feeder Reconfiguration Considering Distributed Generators using Cuckoo Optimization Algorithm " 2nd International Conference on Research in Science, Engineering and Technology (ICRSET’2014), March 21-22, 2014 Dubai (UAE)
-  Kim, lO., Nam, S.W., Park, S.K. and Singh, C. "Dispersed Generation Planning using Improved Hereford Ranch Algorithm", Elect. Power Syst. Res., Vol. 47, No. 1, pp. 47-55, Oct(1998).
-  L.Wang, and C. Singh,"Reliability-constrained Optimum Placement of Reclosers and Distributed Generators in Distribution Networks using an ant Colony System Algorithm", IEEE Trans. Syst., Man, Cybern. C, Appl. Rev., Vol. 38, No.6, pp. 757-764, Nov. (2008)
-  R.S.Rao, , K.Ravindra, , K.Satish, and S. Narasimham, V.L., "Power Loss minimization in Distribution System using Network Reconfiguration in the Presence of Distributed Generation", IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER SYSTEMS, VOL. 28, NO. 1, FEBRUARY 2013
-  N.G.A. Hemdan, and Kurrat, M., "Efficient Integration of Distributed Generation for Meeting the Increased Load Demand", In!. J. Electr. Power EnergySyst., Vol. 33, No. 9, pp. 1572-1583, Nov. 2011.
-  T. Ravi Kumar and G. Kesava Rao " Analysis of IA and PSO Algorithms for Siting and sizing of DG in Primary Distribution Networks " International Journal of Control Theory and Applications
-  J. Kilonzi Charles, N. AbunguOdero" Effects of Distributed Generation penetration on system power losses and voltage profiles" International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications , ISSN 2250-3153, Volume 3, Issue 12, December 2013
-  W. EL-KHATTAM & M. M. A. SALAMA " Impact of Distributed Generation on Voltage Profile in Deregulated Distribution System "
-  Sani A. Muhammad1, Bello Muhammad2 and Hamza Abdullahi3" THE EFFECT OF DISTRIBUTED GENERATION ON POWER SYSTEM PROTECTION A-REVIEW " International Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineers , ISSN- 2321-2055 (E) , IJEEE, Vol. No.7, Issue No. 01, Jan-June, 2015
-  Philip P. Barker, R. W. "Determining the Impact of Distributed Generation on Power Systems" Part 1 - Radial Distribution Systems. 12. IEEE. Retrieved 02 16, 2011, from IEEE. (2000).
-  Angel FernándezSarabia" Impact of distributed generation on distribution system "thesis introduce to Master in Dissertation Submitted to the Faculty of Engineering, Science and Medicine, Aalborg University in Partial Fulfilmen. Aalborg, Denmark. june ,2011
-  Philip P. Barker and Robert W. de Mello, “Determinin g the Impact of Distributed Generation on Power Systems: Part -1 radial DG systems”, Power Engineering Society Summer Meeting, 2000
-  Mohamed Talal Mohamed Elmathana" The Effect of Distributed Generation on Power System Protection" thesis for the degree of Masters by Research, Presented to the University of Exeter, September 2010
-  G. W. Chang ; S. Y. Chu ; H. L. Wang “An Improved Backward/Forward Sweep Load Flow Algorithm for Radial Distribution Systems”, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems Volume: 22, Issue: 2, May 2007.
-  Ibrahim M. Diaa, Niveen M. Badra and Mahmoud A. Attia, “Harmony Search Algorithm and Teaching-Learning-Based Optimization Approaches to Enhance Power System Performance”issue 10, vol. 34 , World Applied Sciences Journal (WASJ), 2016.
-  Z. Geem, J. Kim, et aI. , "A new heuristic optimization algorithm: harmony search," Simulation 76 (2) (2001) 60-68 .