QoS Mechanisms in NGN
(International Journal of Engineering Works)
Vol. 4, Issue 5, PP. 89-92, May 2017
Quality of service (QOS), Next generation network (NGN), Voice over IP (VOIP), Internet Protocol television (IPTV)
Next generation network (NGN) is taking the focus of different service providers because the requirement for the bandwidth has increased and the service providers also wants to offer some other services for their users. Next generation network is not handling the voice and data differently but voice and data are congregated. So this congregation has raised some question on the Quality of service (QOS) in NGN. This paper is the result of survey about the QOS mechanisms in NGN. Different mechanisms have been studied and presented their comparison in this paper.
- Abid Ahmad Darsamand was born in Hangu 10th March 1992. B.Sc Electrical communication Engineering, University of Engineering And Technology Peshawar, K.P.K Pakistan (2011-2015)Enrolled in MS Electrical Electronics and Communication Engineering at UET Peshawar (2016-2018). From 14th June 2013 to 15th Sept 2013 he was an internee engineer at Water and power development authority (WAPDA) Islamabad Pakistan. He was trainee engineer at Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited (PTCL) from 6th July 2015 to 2nd October 2015. He was appointed as lecturer at CECOS University Peshawar KPK Pakistan from 2nd April 2016 to 2nd October 2016.
- Muhammad Farooq was born in Charsadda, KPK, Pakistan in 1992. He has done his B.Sc. in 2015 in Electrical Engineering from UET Peshawar, Pakistan. He is also enrolled in M.Sc. Electrical Engineering in UET Peshawar. His Major field of study is communication and electronics.He worked as an INTERNEE ENGINEER in Huawei Pakistan for three months and in PTCL for 6 months. He is currently working as a LECTURER in the Department of Electrical Engineering, UET Peshwar since August 2016.
Muhammad Farooq, Abid Ahmad, Irshad Ullah, "QoS Mechanisms in NGN", International Journal of Engineering Works, Vol. 4, Issue 5, PP. 89-92, May 2017.
-  Kaczmarek, Sylwester, Magdalena Kosek, and Maciej Sac. "Traffic Model of IMS/NGN Architecture with Transport Stratum Based on MPLS Technology." International Journal of Electronics and Telecommunications 59.2 (2015): 113-123.
-  Training Manual, “Next Generation Network (NGN)” PTCL Headquarters, G-8/4, Islamabad.
-  Schreiner, Florian. "Resource efficient quality of service management for NGN services in federated cloud environments." (2015).
-  Lam, Dao Ngoc. "Defining Quantiles for Estimating IP Packet Delay Variation in NGN Core Networks." REV Journal on Electronics and Communications 1.03 (2011).
-  Ban, Se Youn, Jun Kyun Choi, and Hyong-Soon Kim. "Efficient End-to-End QoS mechanism using egress node resource prediction in NGN network." Advanced Communication Technology, 2006. ICACT 2006. The 8th International Conference. Vol. 1. IEEE, 2006.
-  Choi, Hyung-Woo, et al. "Quality-of-service scheduler for next generation network services." Advanced Communication Technology, 2009. ICACT 2009. 11th International Conference on. Vol. 1. IEEE, 2009.
-  Mir, Umer Mushtaq, et al. "DiffServ-Aware Multi Protocol Label Switching Based Quality of Service in Next Generation Networks." Advance Computing Conference (IACC), 2014 IEEE International. IEEE, 2014.
-  Joung, Jinoo, et al. "A flow admission control in Next Generation Networks with flow aggregate information exchange." Telecommunication Systems (2013): 1-12.
-  ITU-T Recommendation Y.2171 Admission control priority levels in Next Generation Networks. International Telecommunication Union Standardization (ITU-T). Aug, 2006.
-  Sanmartin, Paul, and José Márquez. "Model of QoS on NGN: An analysis of performance." Electronics, Robotics and Automotive Mechanics Conference (CERMA), 2010. IEEE, 2010.
-  Sanmartin, Paul, and José Márquez. "Model of QoS on NGN: An analysis of performance." Electronics, Robotics and Automotive Mechanics Conference (CERMA), 2010. IEEE, 2010