Study the Effect of Transient Load on Pipeline Supported by Concrete Blocks
(International Journal of Engineering Works)
Vol. 5, Issue 9, PP. 163-166, September 2018
pipeline, concrete blocks, dynamic load, finite element method
A three dimensional analysis of dynamic load - nonlinear soil - concrete blocks - pipeline have been investigated to study the major factors that influencing the response of whole system and which dominate on the interaction between different component of the problem. The present work consider the effect of pipe diameter, distance between applied force and whole system, distance between concrete blocks or span of pipe. Aspects which addressed in this study the effect of the previous factors on deformation which can be express as vertical displacement and bending moment , friction stresses between concrete blocks and soil and Also the behavior of concrete blocks with time and distance. ABAQUS software is used to reveal the effect of these factors on structural behavior of whole system.
- Rafi .M. Qasim: Basra Engineering Technical Collage, Southern Technical University, Basra, Iraq
- Dr. Abdulameer .Q. Hasan: Basra Engineering Technical Collage, Southern Technical University, Basra, Iraq
Rafi .M. Qasim and Dr. Abdulameer .Q. Hasan, "Study the Effect of Transient Load on Pipeline Supported by Concrete Blocks", International Journal of Engineering Works, Vol. 5, Issue 9, PP. 163-166, September 2018
-  Jonsdottir .F. , Jonsson .M.T. “ Comparative Study of Seismic Analysis for Piping Systems” 2001 ASME Design Engineering Technical Conferences , September 9-12,2001, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania , USA.
-  Schnackenberg .P.J. “How to Calculate Stress in above/below Ground Transition” Pipe Line Industry, November, 1976, pp. 53-56.
-  Barkan. D.D. “Dynamics of Bases and Foundations” 1962. New York: McGraw-Hill Book Company, Inc.
-  Lopes. M., Leite. A. “Economic Viability of Seismic Strengthening of Buildings; Ingenium: Greenbelt, MD, USA” 2005
-  Warburton. G.B. “The Dynamical Behaviour of Structures” Second Edition 1976.
-  Moussou. P. , Potapov. S. , Paulhiac. L. , Tijsseling. A. “Industrial cases of FSI due to internal flows” In Proceeding of the 9th International Conference on Pressure Surges, Chester , UK, 24-26 March 2004 ; pp. 167-181.