The Determinants of the Usage of Plastic Bags
(International Journal of Business, Economics and Management Works)
Vol. 5, Issue 11, PP. 18-22, November 2018
Plastic bags, household size, consumer income
Determinants of the usage of plastic bags were studied through regression analysis. The data was collected by questionnaire from different areas of wazir bagh and murshaid abad Kohat road Peshawar Pakistan. The obtained results of the data show that size of household and monthly income of the consumers/individuals has positive relationship with the consumption of plastic bags, as household size and monthly income of consumer increased the consumption of the plastic bags increase, while it has negative relationship with awareness as individual awareness about dangers of plastic bags increased the amount of plastic bags reduce. The recommendations are suggested in the light of the results obtained regarding the use of plastic bags.
- Muhammad Umer: Institute of Management Sciences KPK Peshawar-Pakistan. Email: email@example.com
- Babar Nawaz Abbasi: Center for Experimental Economics in Education, Shaanxi Normal University, Xi’an Shaanxi, China. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ali Sohail: Center for Experimental Economics in Education, Shaanxi Normal University, Xi’an Shaanxi, China.
- Jingjing Tang: Center for Experimental Economics in Education, Shaanxi Normal University, Xi’an Shaanxi, China.
- Ihsan Ullah: University of Peshawar Statistics Department.
- Hifza Abbas: Federal College of Education Islamabad-Pakistan.
Muhammad Umer, Babar Nawaz Abbasi, Ali Sohail, Jingjing Tang, Ihsan Ullah and Hifza Abbasi, "Determinants of the Usage of Plastic Bags" International Journal of Business, Economics and Management Works, Vol. 5, Issue 11, PP. 18-22, November 2018.
-  (2010). Pakistan Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) .
-  Bharadwaj, B. (August 2016). Plastic Bag Ban in Nepal: Enforcement and Effectiveness. South Asian Network for Development and Environmental Economics (SANDEE.
-  Gupta, K. (November 2011). Consumer Responses to Incentives to Reduce Plastic Bag Use: Evidence from a Field Experiment in Urban India. South Asian Network for Development and Environmental Economics (SANDEE).
-  He, H. (June 2, 2010). The Effects of an Environmental Policy on Consumers: Lessons from the Chinese Plastic Bag Regulation.
-  Jalil, M. A., Mian, M. N., & Rahman, M. K. (2013). Using Plastic Bags and Its Damaging Impact on Environment and Agriculture: An Alternative Proposal. International Journal of Learning & Development.
-  NSW, T. E. (2016). Practical actions for plastic shopping bags. Office of Environment and Heritage.
-  Sarwat Afzal, I. A. (10 April 2012). International Journal of Asian Social Science, 544-549.