The Effect of Social Network on the Enterprises Management Strategy - A Review Article
(International Journal of Business, Economics and Management Works)
Vol. 5, Issue 8, PP. 9-12, August 2018
Managment strategy, HRM Practice, Social Network, Enterprises, Recruitment, Retention
This review paper is on “Management Strategy and HRM Practices” in which different studies have been analysed and reviewed. The review revealed that social media has played an important role in changing the organisational practices and improving its performance. Hence, it is being widely used in HRM for different activities such as recruitment and retention. However, the different studies analysed, used specific research methods due to which there were gaps and limitations in their findings. Hence, the proposed research method based on mixed method approach will be more appropriate as it will overcome the weaknesses present in one type of research method along with providing diverse views on this important topic.
- Gulam Dastagir: NUAA, Nanjing, China, email@example.com
- Li Min: NUAA, Nanjing, China, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shezad Anwar: NUAA, Nanjing, China, email@example.com
- Giacomo Conti: NUAA, Nanjing, China, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ghulam Dastagir, Li Min, Shahzad Anwar, Giacomo Conti, "The Effect of Social Network on the Enterprises Management Strategy - A Review Article" International Journal of Business, Economics and Management Works, Vol. 5, Issue 8, PP. 9-12, August 2018.
-  Ahmad, Z.S.; Ahmad, N. & Abu Bakar, R.A. (2018). Reflections of entrepreneur of small and medium-sized enterprises concerning the adoption of social media and its impact on performance outcomes: Evidence from the UAE, Telematics and Informatics, 35, pp. 6-17.
-  Ashraf, N. & Javed, T. (2014). Impact of social networking on employee performance. Business management and strategy, 5(2), pp. 139-150.
-  Badea, M. (2014). Social media and organizational communication. Procedia- Social and Behavioural Science, 14, pp. 70-75.
-  Bolton, R. N., Parasuraman, A., Hoefnagels, A., Migchels, N., Kabadayi, S., Gruber, T., & Solnet, D. (2013). Understanding Generation Y and their use of social media: a review and research agenda. Journal of Service Management, 24(3), pp. 245-267.
-  Corral de Zubielqui, G.; Fryges, H. & Jones, J. (2017). Social media, open innovation & HRM: Implications for performance, Technological Forecasting & Social Change. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.techfore.2017.07.014
-  Forrester (2010). Social networking in the enterprise: benefits and inhibitors. Retrieved from .
-  Giurgiu, L. & Barsan, G. (2008). The Prosumer—Core and consequence of the Web 2.0 era. Journal of Social Informatics, 9, pp. 53-59.
-  Gregory, C.K., Meade, A.W. and Foster Thompson, L. (2013), Understanding internet recruitment via signalling theory and the elaboration likelihood model, Computers in Human Behaviour, 29(5), pp. 1949-1959.
-  Haefliger, S.; Monteiro, E.; Foray, D. & von Krogh, G. (2011). Social Software and Strategy. Long Range Planning, 44 (5–6), pp. 297-316.
-  Hauptmann, S. & Steger, T. (2013). “A brave new (digital) world”? Effects of in-house social media on HRM. Zeitschrift für Personalforschung, 27(1), pp. 26-46.
-  Henderson, A. & Bowley, R. (2010). Authentic dialogue? The role of “friendship” in a social media recruitment campaign. Journal of Communication Management, 14(3), pp. 237- 257.
-  Ladkin, A. & Buhalis, D. (2016). Online and social media recruitment: hospitality employer and prospective employee considerations. International journal of contemporary hospitality, 28(2), pp. 327-345.
-  Langer, E. (2014). What’s trending? Social media and its effect on organizational communication. Journal of Undergraduate Research, XVII, pp. 1-14.
-  Manuti A. (2016) Communicating the “Social” Organization: Social Media and Organizational Communication. In: Manuti A., de Palma P.D. (eds) The Social Organization: Managing Human Capital through Social Media. Palgrave Macmillan, London.
-  Parveen, F. & Jaafar, N. I. & Sulaiman, A. 2014. Social media usage and organizational performance: Reflections of Malaysian social media managers. Telematics and Informatics. 32, 10.1016/j.tele.2014.03.001.
-  Razmerita, L.; Kirchner, K. & Nabeth, T. (2014). Social media in organizations: leveraging personal and collective knowledge processes. Journal of organizational computing and electronic commerce, 24(1), pp. 1-32.
-  Reitz, A. (2012). Social media’s function in organizations: a functional analysis approach. Global media journal, 5(2), pp. 41-56.
-  Tajudeen, P.F.; Jaafar, I.N. & Ainin, S. (2018). Understanding the impact of social media usage among organisations. Information & Management, 55, pp. 308-321.
-  Williams, A.L. (2017). Social media transformation of human resource management. Retrieved https://aquila.usm.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1528&context=honors_theses.
-  Wolf, M.; Sims, J. & Yang, H. (2014). The role of social media in human resource management. UK Academy for Information Systems Conference.
-  Zhou, L. X.; Wu, W. P.; & Luo, X. M. (2007). Internationalisation and the performance of born-global SMEs: The mediating role of social networks. Journal of International Business Studies, 38(4), pp. 673–690.