To Study the Effects of Heat Treatment on the Welded Joints
(International Journal of Engineering Works)
Vol. 5, Issue 5, PP. 116-119, May 2018
Welding, Pre and Post welded joints, Grain size, Heat treatment, Universal testing machine, SEM, Machining
The present research was undertaken to demonstrate the effects of heat treatment on the welded joints. The material used was mild steel and aluminum. Ten flat tensile specimens, ten mounted specimens for micro structure test were prepared for steel and four flat tensile specimens, four mounted specimens for micro structure. This project is an effort to establish better understanding about the heat treatment of the welded joints. The scope of work includes the preparation of test specimens for tensile testing and micro structure analyses.
- Engr Mujahid Wasim Durani: U.S Pakistan Center for Advanced Studies In Energy (U.S PCAS-E), UET Peshawar.
- Dr. Saim Saher: U.S Pakistan Center for Advanced Studies In Energy (U.S PCAS-E), UET Peshawar.
- Engr Zainab Huma: U.S Pakistan Center for Advanced Studies In Energy (U.S PCAS-E), UET Peshawar.
Engr. Mujahid, Dr. Saim Saher, Engr. Zainab Huma, "To Study the Effects of Heat Treatment on the Welded Joints" International Journal of Engineering Works, Vol. 5, Issue 5, PP. 116-119, May 2018.
-  The effect of post weld heat treatment on the properties of 6061 friction stir welded joints K. N. KRISHNAN CRC for Welded Structures, Department of Mechanical Engineering, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide 5005, Australia
-  Mechanical and mettalurgical effects of in process cooling during 7075-T6 butt joints AL.Fratini, G.Buffa & R.Shivpuri
-  Effect of Post-welded heat treatement on microstructures and properties of friction stir welded joints of 32Mn-7Cr-0.3N steel Y.J.Li, R.D.Fu, L.J.Jing, D.L.Sang & Y.P.Wang
-  Effect of pre- and post-weld heat treatment on metallurgical and tensile properties of Inconel 718 alloy butt joints welded using 4 kW Nd:YAG laser Journal of Materials Science, 2009, Volume 44, Number 17, Page 4557 X. Cao, B. Rivaux& M. Jahazi,
-  Residual stress modification by post-weld treatment and its beneficial effect on fatigue strength of welded structures Xiaohua Cheng, John W.Fisher, Henry , J.Prask, ThomasGnäupel-Herold, Ben T.Yenab SougataRoy
-  effect of post-weld heat treatment on the interface and microstructure of explosively welded titanium–stainless steel composite
-  S.A.A.kbari mussavi, P. Farhadi sartangi Effect of heat treatment on tensile properties of friction stir welded joints of 2219-T6 aluminium alloy H. J. Liu,Y. C. Chen &J. C. Feng