Waterflooding: A key Option for Stratified Oil Reservoirs in the Niger Delta
(International Journal of Engineering Works)
Vol. 5, Issue 9, PP. 124-129, September 2018
Stratified reservoir, Multi-layered reservoir, Sweep Efficiency, Displacement Efficiency, Niger Delta, Buckley-Leverette theory, Waterflooding, Water Injection, Enhanced Oil Recovery
This research work looked at the applicability concept of waterflooding as a key option for enhanced recovery of oil from stratified reservoirs in the Niger Delta, South of Nigeria. Waterflooding is a secondary recovery technique that commences after a homogeneous or multi-layered (stratified) reservoir has reached its economic limit by every possible primary recovery drives (i.e. natural drive mechanisms). The research also covered for Niger Delta the sweep/displacement efficiency deliverability of multi-layered (stratified) reservoirs, reservoir permeability ordering, the effect of waterflooding rates, and effectiveness of waterflooding schemes for multi-layered oil reservoirs, fractional flow of water during waterflooding processes, and the frontal advancement of the water front along the reservoir bed at a given time (t) in days.
- Patrick Godwin Oyindobra Ossai, Department of Petroleum Engineering, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria
- Princewill Nnaemeka Ohia, Department of Petroleum Engineering, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria
Patrick Godwin Oyindobra Ossai and Princewill Nnaemeka Ohia, "Waterflooding: A key Option for Stratified Oil Reservoirs in the Niger Delta", International Journal of Engineering Works, Vol. 5 Issue 9 PP. 124-129 September 2018.
-  Ezeddin S., Gary Z. Waterflooding performance of stratified reservoirs with bottom-water conditions, SPE 77965-MS
-  Haq S.,Reis J.C. Predicting capillary cross-flow in layered reservoirs, SPE 26651-MS
-  James A.Wasson. Combination method for predicting waterflooding performance for 5-spot patterns in a stratified reservoir, SPE-2004, pp1195-1203
-  Noaman A.F. El-khatib. The application of Buckley-Leverette Displacement in non-communicating stratified RESERVOIRS, SPE 68976-MS
-  Roper W.A, Brown A., Teasdale T.S. Production performance of displacement processes in stratified reservoirs, SPE 194-MS
-  Silva L.F, Farouq .A. Waterflooding performance in the presence of stratification, SPE 3556-MS
-  Telleria M.S, Vriues C.J.J. Limitations in the use of the frontal advance theory for 2-Dimensional systems, SPE 54004